PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

repeated measures and assumptions

ok so I have a few questions about the repeated measures and mixed design.

For fully repeated measures homogeneity of variance is assumed if sphericity is assumed, correct? But how do you test for normality? the q-q plot and box plot didn't show outliers but the histogram didn't look completely normal. I know that we can use the equation to test skewness and kurtosis but I thought that that test was only used in small samples? is n= 38 small?

For a mixed design- do you test for normality the same way as fully repeated measures mentioned above (just looking at time and not the intervention group)?? How do you test for homogeneity of variance? I'm assuming time (within) is checked with Mauchly's test, so does that mean that for intervention group I can just look at the Levene's test that the output produced after running a mixed design for repeated measures? If so, can I just assume that if Levene's test is not significant than homogeneity of variance is assumed?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger Mari Clements said…

    Please see the question below about examining normality in Repeated Measures designs ("Normality in RM").

    Homogeneity of Variance in a Mixed Design is tested exactly the same way you did in a Randomized Group design, with exactly the same criteria.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home