PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Friday, March 07, 2008

TRANSFORMED SCORES, MISSING SCORES and Writing Up the Results

Hi,

I'm doing an ANCOVA and found out that I need to transform my CV due to the presence of several outliers, I was just wondering how the write-up would look live. Would it still be effect of IV on DV, covarying out CV? or IV on DV, covarying out the square root of the CV. Also, at which part of the write-up should I mention the transformation? At the start? Or writing down the results and inferential stats?

Also, due to missing scores, I will need to eliminate some cases, I'm guessing I need to mention this again in the Results section but I am not sure where? Should I mention at the start that X number of cases were not analyzed due to missing data?

Thanks. God bless.

- Neil C.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Mari said…

    Comments about data transformations and missing data are generally at the beginning of a Results section under a heading something like "Preliminary Analyses." Once you tell your reader that you have transformed your data in some way, you are pretty much done with that. There is no reason to emphasize again that you have taken the square root (or log or inverse or whatever) of the covariate, particularly as it is not your variable of primary interest, and you are simply trying to remove its effects from your model. That is, you would not be interpreting the value of the covariate anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home