Italics disappear on turnitin - ?
Hi everyone,
After uploading my Article Reviews in PDF format, the italicization of my journal titles disappear (no italics are visible on the final copy on turnitin). Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any remedies?
Thanks,
Melissa
After uploading my Article Reviews in PDF format, the italicization of my journal titles disappear (no italics are visible on the final copy on turnitin). Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any remedies?
Thanks,
Melissa

5 Comments:
At 6:12 PM,
KGL said…
I'm not too savvy with these type of things...but have you attempted saving it as a normal .doc or rich text? I'm not sure what the circumstance is, but I do not know how to change anything in a .pdf form.
At 7:39 PM,
sarahmoon said…
I had the same problem and got marked down on not italicizing the journal article in my reference section. mine was also a pdf file.
At 11:00 PM,
Mari said…
I was able to pull up the actual files that you both submitted, and sure enough, somehow Turnitin pulled off the italicizing that was clearly there in the pdf files.
This is very strange.
I'd follow Grace's suggestion and submit future assignments as Word documents. If your word processor does not allow you to save to Word (most do), you may be able to download a word converter online.
BTW, I've adjusted both of your grades for article review #1 to give you back the point you were docked for italicizing.
At 5:55 PM,
Anonymous said…
Great! Thank you :)
At 8:13 PM,
Mari said…
No problem...and I'm sorry that this happened!
Post a Comment
<< Home