PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Two or more constructs and assumptions paragraph?

I have two questions.
1. I would like clarification on what "about two or more of the constructs assessed in the data set" means in the handout. Is is specifying that the project should have one construct for the IV (with multiple levels of course) and one for the DV (1 IV + 1 DV = 2 constructs) or having two constructs for the IV (with multiple levels)?

2. It appears through reading other comments on the blog that there is an assumption/transformation paragraph which is suppose to be included in the assignment. However, on the handout for the project it makes no mention (that I can find) of an actual written out section requiring this (it does say to check assumptions, but it does not say to report.) What should it be included in this section and should written on the handout or printed along with the Results section?
Thanks

2 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Mari said…

    If you don't tell me that you checked assumptions, how am I supposed to give you credit for having done so?

    As noted in other posts, if transformations are necessary, this must always be noted in the results section, but if transformations are not needed, this is not usually included in a results section. OTOH, this is your final project, and I do, in fact, need to know that you did check assumptions, what you concluded, and what you did or did not do about it. To that end, you should include the information about any assumptions that were not violated in a separate paragraph.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Mari said…

    Given that a oneway ANOVA is a perfectly fine thing to do for the final, then yes, I am counting the IV as one construct and the DV as a second one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home