PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Reporting CI

I found an example for reporting confidence intervals:
89% CIs [3.45, 2.7], [-6.0, 3.89], and [-7.23, 1.89]

Is it okay if we group the confidence intervals for each t-test in brackets like this? Also where and how should we report this in the text?

4 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Eric An said…

    You don't need to report CIs when reporting t values. So don't worry about it :)

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    She told us in class this morning to report CI unless I was mistaken, did you run it by her and did she say for us not to? Im some what confused about this now.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Mari Clements said…

    Don't worry...this is EXACTLY what the blog is for--so that I know what answers you have received to your questions.

    I did say that you would want to report a confidence interval or a d to go along with your t-test, but since there is now some confusion about it (as this is not something I required Eric's year to do), you will not be marked off for it.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    Thank you for clarifying, Dr. Clements.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home