Article Review 1, due September 30
Please remember to sign up on turnitin.com UNDER A PSEUDONYM. Please choose a different pseudonym than you used for your baseline assessment, and please do NOT use your real name. (If you have already signed up, and need to create a new pseudonym, please note that you can do that by clicking User Info from the menus across the top, and typing in a new "first name" and "last name.") Your pseudonym may be any two things/words/names you like. In the unlikely event that two people choose the same pseudonym, I'll let you know.
Note also that this is the one and only reminder about due dates that I will provide for ANY assignment. All assignments are expected to be completed and submitted by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on their due dates.
Note also that this is the one and only reminder about due dates that I will provide for ANY assignment. All assignments are expected to be completed and submitted by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on their due dates.
14 Comments:
At 10:38 AM,
Anonymous said…
Do we have to use one of the suggested articles for our article review?
Also, I didn't see any articles suggested by Dr. Currier. Is there a list for him?
At 10:46 AM,
Anonymous said…
I noticed that the sample article review doesn't have a running head or page numbers. Do we not need these?
At 11:54 AM,
Mari Clements said…
If you want to include a running head and page numbers, feel free to do so. Not, however, required for this assignment.
At 11:57 AM,
Mari Clements said…
Articles by Dr. Currier, Dr. Wong, and Dr. Barrett have not yet been incorporated into the document. Stay tuned for those professors' recommendations.
Dr. Currier has assigned an article to his lab, as I understand it, so if you were not in that lab meeting but are interested in his work, I would recommend getting that citation from one of his advisees.
For all labs, you certainly are free to look at other articles; however, the list provided by the faculty advisor is provided so that you (a) know what sorts of things they consider to be important and (b) have a place to start in doing your own lit review for your research.
At 11:59 AM,
Mari Clements said…
The website for doi lookup is:
http://www.crossref.org/SimpleTextQuery/
At 7:20 PM,
Anonymous said…
if we submit our article review before the due date can we go back to turnitin.com and make changes at a later time?
At 7:46 PM,
Anonymous said…
Do we need to cite the article in the text when we quote the authors? Or is it obvious which article we are talking about based on how the assignment is set up?
At 8:40 PM,
Anonymous said…
I see the list of suggested articles from the faculty but they are not links. How do I access them? Does it need to be through PsycInfo?
At 11:01 AM,
Mari Clements said…
You can make changes in submitted assignments up to the due dates (which is why nothing is graded in advance of the due dates).
As I said in one of the classes, you do not need to cite the article within the article review unless you are using a direct quote from the authors.
The suggested articles are to get you started in your own physical or virtual library research. They are not intended to be clickable links.
At 1:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
I just submitted my paper after changing my pseudonym online (I had originally used the pseudonym I had in class), but once I submitted the review, it published with my original pseudonym anyway and not the new one. How should I go about changing this? Also, are we going to be telling you these new pseudonyms at the end of the quarter, or how will we ultimately be identified if we are not using the pseudonyms given in class?
At 2:40 PM,
Anonymous said…
Alright. I just finished my paper and I need to submit it to turnitin.com but I don't have a class ID and password. Did I miss that in class? Any help would be grand.
At 3:02 PM,
Mari Clements said…
Class ID and password are in your syllabus.
There will be a signup sheet for the pseudonym, just like there was for the in-class assignment.
Did you remember to save your name change?
At 3:04 PM,
Mari Clements said…
Please read *all* of the syllabus. You are responsible for knowing everything in it, including the policy on *zero* collaboration on assignments.
At 1:50 AM,
Anonymous said…
On another topic, in regards to the reading Chapter 3, there is a discussion about coding, does anyone knows what it means since I am lost in regards to it?
Post a Comment
<< Home