For the ANOVA final project, is it okay if none of my main effects and interaction was significant?
Also, the means for my descriptive statistics were pretty similar. So, for direction of effect, do I write that there was none?
Also, the means for my descriptive statistics were pretty similar. So, for direction of effect, do I write that there was none?
3 Comments:
At 1:10 PM,
David said…
Yes, it is perfectly fine to not have any effects reach significance. You shouldn't fish around for an analysis that will give significant results.
If your group differences are not statistically significant, then there would be no direction of effect to report. But you should still report all the inferential and descriptive stats.
At 3:06 PM,
Diana Ro said…
So would I write it like "As shown on Table 1, there were no significant differences"? Thank you!
At 11:13 AM,
David said…
If there were a direction you were reporting, you could say that the table shows one group is higher than another. But technically speaking, descriptives don't show there were no significant differences -- the inferentials do that.
In your case (if there is no group difference), I might just state that the descriptives are shown in your table. Then talk about your findings using the inferentials.
Post a Comment
<< Home