PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Monday, March 16, 2009

re. findings

I had insignificant findings for my design and there were a few outliers present so i dropped the cases which didn't change the level of significance at all...do i report in my write-up for my results section what the level of significance was PRIOR TO dropping the cases or after I had dropped them? I know we are supposed to report in the write-up that we dropped the cases and I was not sure which signifiance level i would use - pre outlier removal or post outlier removal...

thanks!
promise this is the last post...:)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    If you are going to mention that you dropped the outlier cases, then report the statistics for after the cases were dropped. Just make sure you are consistent and report what you did. Also, there are no such thing as "insignificant findings" - just "non-significant" ones :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home