Post-hoc for mixed designs
A few of us are confused about how to report the results of t test post hocs for mixed design analysis. This includes both paired samples t test and independent samples t tests.
For the paired samples t test, should I include mean, standard deviation, and confidence intervals? How about the mean difference?
For the individual samples t test, should I include the t value, df, and significance?
Thanks you,
Dean
For the paired samples t test, should I include mean, standard deviation, and confidence intervals? How about the mean difference?
For the individual samples t test, should I include the t value, df, and significance?
Thanks you,
Dean

1 Comments:
At 7:58 PM,
David said…
If you've already reported the descriptives (M, SD, n) in a table or earlier in the text, you shouldn't list them again. APA has a guideline about whether you should use a table or not (hint: near the end of Ch. 4).
As far as the inferential statistics for t tests go, include the t value, df, and p value. You can list the confidence interval if you want, but it's not necessary.
Post a Comment
<< Home