ANCOVA question #1 tables?
In question #1, we are asked to run two separate oneway ANOVAs. In my writeup, I was assuming that we were writing a single results section as if we had forgotten ANCOVA existed and wanted to look at the data using oneway ANOVAs. So I was writing away as normal but realized that because we technically conducted 2 separate analyses I didn't know if I should put my M, SD, n in a table because I have 4 total sets of descriptive stats to share, 2 for each analysis? Or should they be written in text because there are 2 per analysis? I am leaning towards the latter, just because it makes more sense to me that it would be confusing to put all that information from two separate analyses in one table. But I also know that, again going along with my assumption of the interpretation of the question, the two separate analyses are meant to look at one hypothesis.
Ideas? I'd appreciate any ideas even after the homework is due, as I suppose it would be possible I would want to report results from separate analyses looking at one hypothesis (or would I never do that, I hate to say never...)
Thanks!
Ideas? I'd appreciate any ideas even after the homework is due, as I suppose it would be possible I would want to report results from separate analyses looking at one hypothesis (or would I never do that, I hate to say never...)
Thanks!

2 Comments:
At 11:55 AM,
Mari Clements said…
The determination about numbers of means you are comparing is always by analysis. You would not put means from two different analyses in the same table...even if they were examining the same hypothesis.
At 11:51 PM,
Tiffany said…
Ok, cool that's what I was leaning towards, but just thought I'd ask. Thank you!
Post a Comment
<< Home