If you haven't yet talked to me about your analysis...
...you are rapidly running out of time to do so.
In the event that you are unable to formulate your hypothesis by noon Friday, I will not be able to provide feedback to you.
To that end, here are the common issues students have been running into.
1. When I say "two or more of the constructs," what I mean is either (a) two predictors (i.e., factorial ANOVA), (b) a predictor and a covariate (i.e., ANCOVA), or (c) two outcomes (i.e., repeated measures). As I said in class, a simple oneway ANOVA will not be acceptable for this project. Some of you have spoken to me about specific variations on a oneway, and if I have approved your analysis, that is fine.
2. Make ABSOLUTELY certain that you are using the correct types of variable (i.e., categorical or continuous) in the correct places in your analysis (i.e., IV, CV, DV).
3. You must observe the ANOVA bare minimum of 10 per cell. This means that if you cross two variables, every cell created by the crossing must have at least 10 participants.
4. You must detail every change you made to the data set, including data transformations, variable recoding, and participant dropping, in a Preliminary Analyses subsection of the Results. If I cannot replicate your findings with the data set, this will be a very bad thing.
5. Your writeup must be prepared to APA style requirements.
4. Finally, the project MUST be submitted electronically, through turnitin.com, by midnight Friday. No exceptions. Failure to submit the project will result in a Hold for the class (if and only if you were prevented from submitting the project because of a true, verifiable emergency) or a score of no credit for the assignment.
In the event that you are unable to formulate your hypothesis by noon Friday, I will not be able to provide feedback to you.
To that end, here are the common issues students have been running into.
1. When I say "two or more of the constructs," what I mean is either (a) two predictors (i.e., factorial ANOVA), (b) a predictor and a covariate (i.e., ANCOVA), or (c) two outcomes (i.e., repeated measures). As I said in class, a simple oneway ANOVA will not be acceptable for this project. Some of you have spoken to me about specific variations on a oneway, and if I have approved your analysis, that is fine.
2. Make ABSOLUTELY certain that you are using the correct types of variable (i.e., categorical or continuous) in the correct places in your analysis (i.e., IV, CV, DV).
3. You must observe the ANOVA bare minimum of 10 per cell. This means that if you cross two variables, every cell created by the crossing must have at least 10 participants.
4. You must detail every change you made to the data set, including data transformations, variable recoding, and participant dropping, in a Preliminary Analyses subsection of the Results. If I cannot replicate your findings with the data set, this will be a very bad thing.
5. Your writeup must be prepared to APA style requirements.
4. Finally, the project MUST be submitted electronically, through turnitin.com, by midnight Friday. No exceptions. Failure to submit the project will result in a Hold for the class (if and only if you were prevented from submitting the project because of a true, verifiable emergency) or a score of no credit for the assignment.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home