A couple more article questions
-If a Bonferroni correction is applied when multiple analyses are ran to correct for the potential of a Type I error...is it then ok to run multiple ANOVAs...when a single one is not used b/c the n of each variable is not the same?
-Do I need to write out "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" and "Major Depressive Disorder" in my article reviews or can I just write "OCD" and "MDD"?
-Do I need to write out "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" and "Major Depressive Disorder" in my article reviews or can I just write "OCD" and "MDD"?

3 Comments:
At 10:36 PM,
KGL said…
At this point in time, if you are thinking about putting the bonferroni question in the limitations section, i would think about other limitations that may be more prevalent. I've been thinking about this question all day and asked Dr. Clements, but i am not very confident in the response that i would give. So if you need a response soon, i'd say look for other limitations. I know you want conceptualization, so I will continue to seek out an answer though.
For your second question refer to the APA manual 6th ed. section 4.23 p. 107. It gives a more concise answer than I could.
At 6:29 AM,
Nikki Frederick said…
Thanks Katie!
At 4:18 PM,
Mari said…
Sorry for the delay in responding...
Bonferroni does correct for the number of analyses ran, but it's a strategy that has both pros and cons.
It is fine to say something like, "The authors employed Bonferroni questions in examining their analyses. They used this strategy because.... I think it would have been better if they had been able to...[e.g., have equal n for all their analyses/prevented missing data better/used only folks with complete data...whatever is appropriate for this particular article.]
Post a Comment
<< Home