PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

ANCOVA Question

At the review session on Tuesday, the question was brought up as to how you tell whether or not a covariate is related to an independent variable (a relationship you do not want). At the time, I said I thought it was done by running a simple correlation. As I was looking over the ANCOVA slides today, though, I discovered I was mistaken.

Let it be known that in order to test if there is a systematic relationship between the CV and the IV, you can run an ANOVA with the CV as the DV and the IV as the IV.

This should especially be done with nonexperimental designs.

Sorry for my mistake, and I hope this clears things up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home