PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Friday, October 21, 2011

For questions 1 and 2 on the homework...do we just look at the QQ plots and box plots to determine normality? Or do we need to do some type of mathematical computation as well?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Mari Clements said…

    What's your n? And what did I say about when you use graphs and when you use calculations?

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger MLaffs said…

    The N is 1513. And I do not recall what you said about when to use graphs and when to use calculations.

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Mari Clements said…

    I said--both in class this week and in the handouts for the first week of class--that calculations are *only* to be used with small sample sizes; that they are far too conservative with anything but quite small sample sizes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home