PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Factorial anova

I ran the factorial anova and the post hoc comparisonsfor the three variables listed on the assignment sheet. I received an error message for run a post hoc on the gender variable. What do I do with this information?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Eric An said…

    Post-hocs are used in instances where there are 3 or more groups, in order to compare all possible pairs.

    For Gender, there are only 2 (male and female), hence, there is only one possible pair. So just know that you can't use a post-hoc for the gender IV.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, how do I remove this variable without effecting the results?

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Mari Clements said…

    You should NOT remove this variable from your model. You just should not have tried to test it in a post-hoc.

    Removing gender from the model would change your results.

    If you don't want to rerun the analysis without asking for post-hocs on gender, you are welcome to make a note on your SPSS printout that says something like, "Oops, I realize that post-hocs are unnecessary when only comparing two groups."

    This should not affect your writeup in any way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home