PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Article Reivew

In the Article Review, Article 2, the results section does not indicate significance only percentages and graphs. So what shall I say in regards to my result section about significance. The kind of test used in my study was Multiple Logistics Regression.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Mari Clements said…

    Indicate this in your Major Findings section. That is, describe the graphs and explain the percentages and note that the authors did not provide significance levels with their findings.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Also for our article review, if it does not already have a doi and we have done the search for one, would a journal citation number suffice for it? for example after the article title it would continue with the journal and its reference number... Journal of Counseling and Development, (75)1, 50-57.1996-07043-006. journal Citation

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dr. Clements back to the question about my study lacking an indication of significance, I looked at the graphs and there was nothing mentioned about significance either only a whole lot of means and SD and SE. Should I just say, the authors did not provide significance levels with their their finding or their graphs.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Grace said…

    Anonymous,

    As stated on p. 191 of the APA publication manual, if the article does not have a DOI, you must provide the home page URL of the journal/book/report publisher.

    Hope that helps!

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Mari Clements said…

    Unknown--

    As I said before, "note that the authors did not provide significance levels with their findings."

    Graphs are presentations of findings, so I'm really not understanding your question.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home