PG851: GLM--ANOVA

This blog is for the use of students enrolled in either section of PG851. It is intended to be a forum for asking, discussing, clarifying, and helping.

Friday, February 05, 2010

more questions

What does a p value of 1.0 mean? Do we report it just like that?

Also, my paragraph is somewhat tedious to read and confusing as I have to report lots of sentences such as "those who are both not religous and not stubborn did not differ from those who were religious but not stubborn" etc. etc. Is it possible to put (group 1) etc in my paragraph and then just refer to them as such after that?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Jay Wellman said…

    Following up on Nikki's question: would it be better to make a table for the post-hoc since there would be 6 p values to report (more than 4)? This is what I thought, but what would such a table include, just the pair and the p value? would we include the mean difference or anything like that?

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Mari said…

    I would not make a separate table for your post-hocs. In a different post, I addressed how you could indicate the significant post-hocs in both text and table, but note that you still will need to address them in the text.

    As for the p values of 1.0, or just greater than .05: "No other comparisons reached significance" is a very useful--and completely acceptable--sentence.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home