N or n? reporting cell sizes
In the second analysis, I've created a table for the descriptive statistics. However, I'm confused as to whether I should report N or n because of the mixed design. Neither way seems to make much sense in the table. It's the same people over time, but different people in the different groups. Or, should we not report the descriptives in a table at all for something like this?
1 Comments:
At 1:09 PM,
Mari said…
How many numbers are you reporting? Remember that APA says 3 or fewer in the text, 4-20 in a table, and more than 20 in a figure.
Set up your table very carefully. You may well be able to use a line under the name of the group to indicate the n per cell. (And yes, as you gathered, the overall N is not the right number to report.)
Post a Comment
<< Home